Wednesday, January 10, 2007

PURCHASED a house in Vernon

Ginny and I have found that everywhere except Quesnel and Winnipeg housing prices are WAY higher than Ladysmith. It's hard to let our new home go but obedience is better than sacrifice. We feel God totally helped us purchase this home. We found a home in 2 days!


Our home is on 11th Ave in Vernon. Not much available but we definitely bought the best house available in our price range. It's 4 bedrooms, with an ensuite bathroom off the master, 3 full bathrooms, downstairs is partially unfinished, on Middleton Mountain, dishwasher, fenced yard, built in Vaccum, laminate floors upstairs, Central Air (aka air conditioning), 1,700-1800 sq feet, etc.

You should of seen the other houses available...unbelieveable that people don't clean up before they show a home. We got the house that when we drove up Ginny felt, "This is our new home." I don't mess with her because the last time she said that we were on the plane to Edmonton for an interview and Ginny said to me, "I think we are going to end up in Vernon."


The house needs LOTS of paint and a new kitchen, we need a washer/dryer and hopefully we can get new furniture but who knows. But get this, with the unfinished part of the basement I am going to make it into a sports room. Canuck blue walls with massive Seahawks, Chargers and Canucks symbols and one day a massive HD LCD TV.


Hoping to move in on Feb 1st. Depends if we get the people who bought our home in Ladysmith to move up the deal to the 1st.


We video taped what the home looks like inside and out and if you stop by we would love to show it to you.

7 Comments:

At 6:04 p.m., Blogger Kevin said...

It looks small but sounds huge. Sounds huge because I have no idea how large 1 700 to 1 800 square feet is. If you put it in metric, I still wouldn't have a clue how big it is. BUT, great looking trees in the front yard.

Look forward to hearing more of the Kempner Adventure. Thanks for the updates.

 
At 6:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's great that you guys have a house there after two days. I am happy for you and I can't wait till I can come for a visit and see it in real life!

 
At 8:47 a.m., Blogger Boomer said...

Looks good. It'll be nice cause you guys can shape it into exactly what ya want. Plus sports room w/ LCD, how sweet is that. Congrats.

 
At 9:20 a.m., Blogger The Meier's said...

Congrats on the new place. Middleton Mountain is a nice area to live in. I hope we can chat soon Ginny as I have many questions for you about living in Duncan...so if you get a chance email me or give me a call...love you guys

 
At 4:42 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Guys
I am happy for you!
God sure is taking care of you! Keep leaning on Him! He will do the rest! Remember He Know the desires of your heart just rely on Him.

Wish I could be out west with you!

Ang Gallagher-Rasmussen

 
At 12:03 p.m., Blogger 3to1...outnumbered said...

I'm so glad that everything is coming together for you guys. Enjoy the new adventure!

 
At 11:18 a.m., Blogger Jaime said...

Hey guys!
Congrats on your new home and the new adventure you are on!
You two are amazing people and we are really excited to see God use you BOTH in all of this!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home