Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Halloween Chaos

Oakley, stop crying & put on your costume. It's Halloween & we're having fun... ...this is a picture of Oakley (the elephant) & his cousin Ryker (the spider) on Halloween. As you can see they were both so excited to wear their costumes. We were able to get this one quick photo before they both fell to the floor screaming "OFF!!!". "If you keep your costumes on we can go get candy!!". My sister & I desperately try to convice the children of the benefits to dressing up. Unfortunately we are both so anal that our kids hardly know what candy is.
All the while sweet little Rebekah sits there with her cute bunny hat posing for pictures.
We eventually did get Oakley outside (Ryker opted to stay home). Once on the street we couldn't get Oakley to come back home. He finally caught the jist of this trick or treat thing. "Oakley - are you ready to go home now?"... "NO!!". Of course it was freezing & windy (Rebekah got wind burn on her little cheeks). Once at home Daddy had the great idea of letting Oakley suck a sucker on my side of the bed. I think the sucker went everywhere except his mouth!

The next morning I woke up soaked from leaking breast milk. I brought Rebekah into bed & she peed through her clothes. I desperately wanted to change our sheets, but had an early morning showing (as our house is for sale), & didn't have the time. I quickly made our bed & left the house thinking I'll have to change them later. That night I crawled into bed at 12am so thankful to finally catch some sleep when I realized I forgot to change the sheets...

"Welcome to motherhood" I thought, I'm sleeping on crusty breast milk, baby pee, & sticky sucker - nice.

9 Comments:

At 3:23 p.m., Blogger A Little Estrogen in a Testosterone Family! said...

Ok, Ginny, That is the funniest story! I can relate to so much of that. Motherhood may be rewarding, but it isn't glamourous!

 
At 11:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginny, You're hilarious! you make the slumps of being a mom sound great! really!

 
At 11:21 a.m., Blogger Renice said...

Hi guys, so funny, no matter how hard we try to avoid caous kids are just way too efficient at it. you'd think it would be easier as we have size and age on our side but I guess not. I guess every parent out there can relate to a story like yours. I hope the house selling goes well. The kids look so sweet, you have a beautiful family!

 
At 12:13 p.m., Blogger Beautifully Mended said...

Ginny...I so know where you are coming from...lots of laughs as I read thru your post...can also relate! Praying for you all...lots of love...Nelia

 
At 3:18 p.m., Blogger Cyriously? said...

Ahhhh motherhood...

That story made me laugh out loud!

 
At 10:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of oakly and his cousin crying in their costumes is priceless, that should be framed somewhere. Also rebekah is growing so fast! I can't wait to see her and hold her again. You're too funny ginny, I like it when you blog.

 
At 11:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. I can't even believe how different Rebekah is from when I saw her in the hospital! And that picture of Oakley is seriously hilarious.

 
At 1:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the stuff we want to hear about, but no one is brave enough to write about.....no one but GINNY!

 
At 5:01 p.m., Blogger Rayael said...

Hey Ginny, I love that description of what many of us have had to sleep in. The sleeping in such a state only comes from the sheer desperation for sleep. I learnt to sleep with a hand towel folded across my chest. In hopes of preventing the early morning wake up thinking that the roof was leaking (again!) only to find out it was me...Ahaaaa the joys of big milk jugs. xo Rayael ~ Wishing you all the very best in the next chapter of your lives! ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home