Saturday, December 09, 2006

Larry Bouwman - Thank God for a miracle

This week has been an emotional roller coaster ride. Ginny’s dad Larry went from being totally fine to being rushed to the Intensive Care Unit at Lions Gate hospital in Vancouver over the span of 1 week. With over 15 tubes running into his body, a ventilator machine, and being watched 24 hrs a day, it didn’t look good. We were definitely preparing for the worst but hoping and most of all praying for a miracle. Ginny, her sisters, Uncle Bill and Auntie Barb and of course Ginny’s mom stayed in Vancouver most nights.

Seeing their dad like that was so difficult. It was hard not to think of the worst. Lots of tears, concern and, thankfully support. This is the reason for this posting, we just want to say a HUGE Thank You for all your love and most of all prayers. We needed a miracle. And I am so thankful to God that He answered a big Yes to our prayers.

I know God is able I just wasn’t sure if it was in His plan. Today they are talking about sending him back to the Squamish hospital to be monitored. The antibiotics are finally working. Ginny’s dad is not only awake but sitting up and joking around. He’s still on the road to recovery but things are super positive. And when you are walking in the valley of the shadow of death positive is life giving.

We just want to give praise to whom praise is due and that is Jesus Christ. We had people receiving visions and words of encouragement. One said they were reminded about the creation of the world where the Holy Spirit hovered over the waters and that the Holy Spirit was hovering over my father-in-law. Another had an image of Larry with family at Christmas. And another in the middle of the night felt God speak to her, “I am the Lord that healeth thee. By My stripes you are healed.”

One thing I do know is my mother-in-law will have the best Christmas ever.

Here is a quick explanation of what happened to Larry: An infection started in a disc in Larry’s lower back. We don’t know how the infection entered his body, or why it decided to manifest in his back. The staff infection became so strong that it entered the blood & was circulated throughout the entire body. It started attacking organs & deteriorating his lungs. (hence the reason for the breathing machine). We are so thankful that the infection did not attack the heart or brain. Throughout his sickness my Dad’s vital signs were always strong. The Doctor told our family that if he was not such a healthy man, we would have lost him. They were able to fight the infection with VERY strong doses of antibiotics. Dad will be on these drugs for another 6-8 weeks.

7 Comments:

At 12:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, praise god! i am so happy to hear this, for your whole family! it's amazing how god works, although we already know he can do it...it's still amazing when he does. wow! what a great christmas, hey.

 
At 8:32 p.m., Blogger Beautifully Mended said...

Dads = strength don't they? It is not easy to see our 'hero' weak.. but thank God that when we as humans are weak our Heavenly Father is strong and faithful! We are so happy for you all and will continue in constant prayer... love you guys! Nelia

 
At 10:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good.

 
At 2:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's great news, guys! Peter and I were praying and hoping for a miracle. Merry Christmas. Andrea Lewis

 
At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Rob Petkau said...

Awesome!
We're still praying. God is GOOD!

 
At 7:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is great

 
At 2:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys:

God truly is so amazing isn't He! He really brings us to our knees, holding out for hope. I will be praying for your dad Ginny. I went through something similiar when I had Noah I had staph infection through out my blood system and almost in my heart. God is truly awesome. God will touch your dad and bring him to a full recovery. Trevor remember what you wrote in my year book (my so called worse year) well I am telling you now God will pull you through everything and He really has a purpose for everything. Your are truly a couple under God's Hand. BElieve it! KNOW IT! I miss you guys! I do not think I would have got through that year with out you. I read those words so many times that year and the next year it helped me so much. I still do it helps me to remember where to be on my knees before the Lord.

Stay fresh before HIM. I am here for you guys. I am praying for you!

Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home