Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oakley - Mr. Smarty Pants

Story #1
So I was enjoying a peaceful morning with my children. Oakley & I were baking a cake, & Rebekah was having a nap. Still in my baking apron I gathered up the garbage, threw on Trevor’s slippers & went outside to dispose of the bag in our garbage cans. Upon arriving at the garbage cans I heard our front door close behind me. The thought did go through my head – wouldn’t it be awful if Oakley locked me outside?? Talk about your worst situation.
~~ As I continue this story, please keep in mind that I am sporting an apron & Trevor’s slippers that are 3 sizes too large for me. ~~

(yes, I do have clothes on underneath the apron).
Upon trying to enter back into the house, I turn the door knob and…. you guessed it – I was locked outside by a 2 year old boy.
Immediately I started to panic. What am I going to do?? I looked in our front window & there was my boy smiling & waving at me, “Hi Mommy!!” I guess he thought it quite comical that he was in & I was out. “Oakley!” I yelled, “Come to the door & open it for Mommy”. No matter how hard he tried, the door was not opening. Okay – so what was I to do next? I could just picture me knocking on my new neighbours door: “Hi! You don’t know me yet, but my 2 year old son just locked me out of my house. Can I use your phone??” And then what? My kids would be alone in the house until dad arrived with the keys??
Of course there was not one window open in our house, but I thought just maybe the back sliding glass door would be unlocked. No such luck. As I arrived at the door I could see Oakley watching TV, totally oblivious to the fact that I was panicking & locked outdoors.
“Oakley!!” I yelled, while knocking on the door, “Please come here.”
After about a minute of calling him, (he apparently was more concerned about his TV show than mom), he finally sauntered over to the door. He was able to flick the switch & unlock our back door for me… whew!!

Story #2

Tonight Oakley was having a bath and daddy was watching him. Oak was playing with his cars in the water having a great ol’ time. Then he paused and said, “Daddy what’s that?” Trevor didn’t hear any thing and said, “Is it Rebekah?” Then all of a sudden there was a rumble and gas bubbles surfaced. Oakley said, “art”…and Trevor said, “Gas?” “No daddy FART!” Oakley answered.





Oakley had a fun time at the Vernon Vipers hockey game with Daddy

"Princess Rebekah"

Daddy & Oakley are stoked for the big game!!


Get out of my dreams.... get into my car...

11 Comments:

At 10:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neice and nephew are so cute. It was so great to spend time with them this weekend. We miss you guys terribly, and I love that you keep your blog updated. (Ginny - I can't believe you wear an apron!!) I love and miss you all, Larina.

 
At 11:26 a.m., Blogger bebooth said...

This story made me laugh out loud because I always picture myself doing the same thing.I always feel like I have just locked my baby in the car and then I feel my keys in my pocket!!!!!????I am so absentminded these days.Your kids are soooo cute and I love the way you tell stories Ginny, miss you and Trev.Are you coming to conference?maybe we can see you then!! luv Beth and Brian
Trev, how is the pool going??

 
At 1:06 p.m., Blogger Renice said...

The kids are so cute. Funny boy locking you out. At least the little one was sleeping not wandering the house unattended. Then you would really be in a panic. Mckenzie once locked me out but not so dramatically. I can just picture you standing outside trying to get his attention while he is in his own world. So funy.

 
At 9:07 a.m., Blogger The Meier's said...

Ginny
It was so great to see you this past week. We had a great time. I love the dress that Rebekah is wearing in that picture (I am assuming it is the one you were refering to in your church story?) I would have awww'd over her if i had seen her dressed like that!!!
Hope we can catch up again when you guys come to the island. Maybe this time Darrin and Trevor will be able to get together as well.

 
At 11:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginny (& Trevor) I love the way we can keep in touch through e-mails and your blog. Somehow it seems easier than the phone, but I hate that thought, cause I've always said I never wanted to lose the "personal-ness" of talking to you on the phone. But I LOVE the way we get to see new pictures of the kids. And, of course, they are part of the five most beautiful children in the world!! Have a great day - we love you. Dad and Mom.

 
At 3:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, too funny, that is one of my worst fears that Jachin will lock me out. He loves to lock the doors and one of these days I will be on the wrong side of that door!!! I need to give our neighbours an extra key, just in case that day happens!
The dress that Rebekah is wearing....we have the matching shoes. They are too big right now for Anaya, but I can't wait to wear them on her! We just need to find the right outfit....most clothes, other than sweats don't fit her. The poor girl is built a little too much like her Momma, a little thick in the middle and thigh area...pants just don't go over those thighs!
Glad to see all is well! Can't wait till we get out there...it has been bumped back to June with everything that has happened with Dad!
Talk to you soon,
Lisa

 
At 9:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I think that's a common fear among mothers, not necessarily a common experience though. We'd love to see you guys soon, but we're not going to time out. E-mail me and I'll update you on life, I don't have a updated address for you. Take Care!

 
At 10:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha Gin, I totally was thinking that you were only wearing an apron until you said otherwise. I was thinking, "Is wearing only an apron really that practical?" Your kids are the cutest, and the funniest. Can't wait to see you!

 
At 3:15 p.m., Blogger Cyriously? said...

I love the mental picture of Oakley watching tv totally unconcerned while you are banging frantically on the window!

I have an opposite story. A few days ago I was upstairs with Ava when I heard the front door slam and then nothing...too quiet. I went downstairs to discover that Tristan was outside and walking very calmly toward the road. I was not such a calm momma as I ran out to grab him. Let me just say right now how much I love running out into the street wearing my pajama's. At noon. Felt a little like I should live in a trailer.

 
At 5:57 p.m., Blogger Cyndi Logan said...

Hey I wasn't sure of any other way to get a hold of Trevor. Trevor I was talking to Vicki Hansen today, we work together. She said her son Chris has been trying to get in contact with you about his wedding in July. Anyway her email is hansenv@quesnelbc.com
I'm not sure if you have given them an answer or not but she is trying to contact you. Renice just got me into blogging and I am totally enjoying reading all about you and your kids. I think it is cool to be able to see what's going on with people I went to youth and bible college with. Anyway I hope you can let Chris know about doing his wedding. Cyndi (weber) Logan

 
At 12:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that you guys are in Vernon. It is nice to be able to see old freinds again. My parents are pastoring in Sicamous BC and we go there often. Perhaps we will see you one day.

Matthew Strutt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home